Saturday, June 27, 2015

One to be Sought After

There has been all but a very short time of my life that I have been without companionship of the opposite sex. My one and only "official" relationship I have had with the opposite sex lasted six weeks I believe. That is hardly half a % of the amount of time I have spent on this earth. I see men, I see men all over, good looking, not-so-good looking, kind, not-so-kind, happy, depressed, elated, married, single, divorced, engaged. I see them. Sometimes I get to know them, sometimes not. Sometimes they seem like the type of person I would let have some of my time, sometimes not. Sometimes the ones that want my time are the ones I can't imagine wasting another breath with. And even sometimes, I meet them, get to know them a little, and can already imagine the rest of my life with them ( I am guilty of this).

BUT, all the while, deep down inside, I wish that I had found my one and only, found that man to throw a ring on my finger and grab hold of my heart forever. Someone to stand by me, encourage me to grow in my faith with God, and want to get to know me more and more everyday. Someone who puts God first. Someone with a compassionate heart and a kind voice. Someone willing to put up with all of the mess that makes up who I am. Someone willing to help me clean it up when I get messier. Someone who will be just as crazy as I am all the time, someone lighthearted, someone that loves being outside, someone that enjoys spending time with family, someone willing to go to the ends of the earth to ensure that his family is provided for. Someone to stick up for me, someone to rub my back after a long day. Someone to hold me, just because. Someone to share all my dreams and fears with. Someone to pray with daily. The one I am to spend the rest of my life with. Someone who fears God daily, and teaches our children the same. A man after God's own heart.

I recently had a conversation with some co-workers. We talked about me being single, if I am looking, and if so what "type" of guy I am looking for. My stipulations were, "He has to have nice teeth, and be at least a cm taller than me. He can't be too much overweight because that will just scream laziness. And he needs to go to church, he needs to know the God I know." Their response to this was "well, good luck. You're too picky! What about having a job?"

Now thinking back, I am just like whoa! Firstly, I don't anticipate finding an unsaved man, but maybe that is God's plan. Maybe He threw me down here on earth to show this one man whom He has intended for me to marry, His love, and strike up a curiosity in him to invite the Holy Spirit in and take over. But more importantly, why was God and said man's relationship with Him my last stipulation? Newsflash, Rachael. Not only should that be priority, but that should be the only priority. As I sit here, and attempt to mature as I age, (this will be a forever process...I don't anticipate ever being as mature as my age says I should be) I have had my eyes opened to this.

I was reading in Job 31* tonight, and there, there is where I found the guy I want. I want a man of integrity, one who stands in God's promises. A man who commits to personal purity, who reflects justice in all dealings, who gives generously to others. A man of God who shows compassion to all. A man who sets Godly priorities in life. A man who lives out his faith in God, doesn't just throw it on his shirt sleeve, to show to whomever he thinks needs to see it. A man who forgives others, no matter the wrong. A man who opens his home to those in need, who walks with the Lord. A man who seeks to do right. This, this is the man I should search and long for. A man worthy of being sought after.

So, I will be picky. I will not lower my standards. I will stand by my choice to remain pure until I find my future mister. I will wait, on the Lord, I will wait. I will wait for His perfect plan and timing. As patiently as possible, I will wait on Him. My prayers have changed from Lord show me this man whom you want for me to marry (like, ASAP), to Lord, I pray for my future husband today, that You would guide his heart, and bring Him closer to You as we both wait on each other. I know You have a will, God, and where there is a will there is a way, and Your way is best, Your way is right.  <3





*Job 31:4-40 (KJV)


No comments:

Post a Comment