Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Life planner...is it me, or is it Him?

Sometimes God throws us curveballs. Sometimes He brings a person in our lives who need Him, who need us to show them Him through our lives. Sometimes God brings people into our lives that make us doubt our entire purpose in life, and make us wonder why He brought them. We know He does not bring people in to our lives to hurt us, but sometimes, hurt is exactly the outcome. Sometimes our hearts are so broken we wonder if it is even possible for it to be put back together. Sometimes the hurt is so deep, we want to wallow in it, think about our inadequacies and our wants and our own selfish needs. Sometimes it makes me so upset I just sit and cry.

I recently came upon a new song by Lauren Daigle, that totally describes my life; the struggles and situations at this time in my life. The song is called Trust in You. It talks about when God doesn't do things the way we think they need to go, when He doesn't tell us things we want to hear. That He knows the future, He has seen it, and that He is all we need to live. I literally find myself needing a reminder on a daily basis. A reminder that there is not a thing that has happened in my life, that He didn't plan, that He didn't already know was coming, that His timing is perfect. Not a breath I have taken without Him knowing. Sometimes the obstacles, they are there because He knows we need to be closer to Him. Sometimes the mountains are a reminder to trust in Him, that He has control.

Let us not forget our Maker, our Steady Hand. He is in control, He is our life planner. He makes the rules, He encourages us to follow them. He gives us the freedom to choose otherwise, but who would know more that which is better for us than the One that allows us to breathe our next breath.


www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW38n3NJxbc

No comments:

Post a Comment